Purchasing GRASS----HELP !!!!

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Mon Apr 18 11:02:56 EDT 1994

> I'm again in the market for GRASS.  This time
> the STATE has provided the money----but not the
> help.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help with the
> following questions.
>
> Where can I purchase UNIX for the PC [or one of
> its cousins] and how much will it cost ?
>
> I do not want to purchase the raw GRASS.
> I would rather have GRASS with enhancements.
> We just do not have the time for a long, flat
> learning curve.
>
> Where can I purchase such a package and at
> what cost ?
>
> Are there any vendors out there that provide a
> full package----GRASS and UNIX ?
>
> As usual the STATE in its wisdom waited six months
> to give us the money but wants it spent in a week.
>
> Thanhs in advance for any help I receive.
> ||-----------------------------------------||
> ||                Gene Farace              ||
> ||         Department of Geography         ||
> ||        Salisbury State University       ||
> ||       Salisbury, MD   410-742-2961      ||
> ||     BITNET: edfarace at sae.towson.edu     ||
> ||   Internet: edfarace at sae.ssu.umd.edu    ||
> ||-----------------------------------------||
> || Chi gioco solo non perde mai.           ||
> ||    - Proverbio Sciliano -    ()_\/_()   ||
> ||                               (o  o)    ||

I think Dell (Austin, TX) has sells GRASS for its machines on DELL UNIX.

You might also consider LINUX, since you can get the UNIX and GRASS
binaries free via ftp.  You should have a UNIX guru around if you are
serious about using this platform though.

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS		  "Hell, if you understand everything I say,
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov     you'd be me!"  - Miles Davis