new_surf.tps

Helena Mitasova helena at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Mon Apr 18 10:28:50 EDT 1994

>Helena wrote:
>If you use the new s.surf.tps which Irina has just put
>on moon for creating a raster file you can use the option to
>output deviation site file which is computed simlutaneously
>with the somputation of the resulting raster map.
>
>Where is this new s.surf.tps?  I looked on /incoming on moon.
>Is it a different name?

Yes, now it is designed as a library of functions and includes
both s.surf.tps and v.surf.tps. If you are a programmer you can
now make it work as kriging if you combine it with s.semivar
and replace our radial basis function (which is now as a parameter
interp_f ()) by a function found using s.semivar (it is simple if you
keep trend to be a constant, if you want to change also trend,
then changes in other functions are needed too). The name of the
file is interp_lib.shar.Z

Helena