r.slope.aspect

Allan Axon aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov
Tue Apr 26 16:08:55 EDT 1994

I calculated some slope maps from USGS 7.5' DEM's using r.slope.aspect
in GRASS 4.0.  I've recalculated the same maps using r.slope.aspect in
GRASS 4.1.2. I've gotten different results. The g.manual pages indicate
that new algorithms will be used in upcoming versions, but was there a
change in algorithms between 4.0 and 4.1?

Thanks in advance,
Allan Axon

Ohio Department of Natural Resources |
Division of Geological Survey        |
Coal Geology Group                   |      Phone: 614-265-1030
4383 Fountain Square Dr.             |      FAX:   614-447-1918
Columbus, OH  43224-1362             |
Internet:  aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov