tclgrass

Tom Moore tmoore at pnfi.forestry.ca
Wed Apr 27 09:07:14 EDT 1994

In mailgate.grass.user you write:

    Ross> I just downloaded tclgrass and found no readme file for
    Ross> setting it up.  Does one exist? Does anyone know how to do
    Ross> it. I haven't done much c-compiling so I need rather
    Ross> specific instrucions. Do I need to completely re-compile
    Ross> GRASS to get tclgrass to work?

    Ross> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The current version of tcltkgrass is 'early-alpha' status,
which is why there are no readme or other documentation files.
A new version will be coming out sometine in mid-may.

You do no need to recompile grass to use tcltkgrass.  There
are 2 parts to tcltkgrass.  The first is an alternate grass
shell written in Tcl and Tk.  This shell interacts with the
standard grass commands, and makes use of the standard grass
monitor for display.  All you need to run this is a standard
grass installation and a working 'wish' (Tcl/Tk interpretor).

The second part of the package is a Tk widget that can display
some kinds of grass datasets (raster, vector, sites).  An example
of how this widget can be used is provided in the 'Super View' demo.
The Tk widget is written in C.  It must be compiled and linked with
the object code for Tcl, Tk, and Grass to create an extended 'wish'.

Tom--
Tom Moore                                       tmoore at pnfi.forestry.ca
Petawawa National Forestry Institute
Canadian Forest Service, Box 2000, Chalk River  +1 (613) 589-3048
ONT K0J 1J0  CANADA                             +1 (613) 589-2275 telefax