display problems

Ralf Kunkel STE077 at ZAM001.ZAM.KFA-JUELICH.DE
Thu Apr 28 04:43:28 EDT 1994

Recently I have installed GRASS 4.1.3 on an RS/6000 machine running AIX with
minor problems. On that machine, starting the monitor x0 and running d.display
is working fine. When I try to do the same on an X-Emulator on OS/2-PC
(PMX-Server 1.2.2 coming with TCP-IP 1.2.1) the text colors in ALL open windows
(even local windows) on the screen will change from black to yellow when
clicking on the GRASS graphics window. Restoring the original colors using PMX-
options switches back to black text, but also changes the background colors of
the GRASS graphics window.
Maybe this is a specific OS/2-problem or a problem caused by the login command
using REXEC (xterm), but the same behavior (with other color changes) occured
when trying the same on DOS/WINDOWS X-Terminal emulators (PCXware) using the
same login routine.
I wonder if other GRASS-users working with X-emulators had the same problems.
At least, I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on solving this
problem.

Thanks in advance
Ralf Kunkel