Grassu archives searching?

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Fri Aug 12 07:17:28 EDT 1994

Hi Ania,

		There's no really user-friendly way, but the following works:
1) Get the archive files from the moon and put them in one large file
2) Use UNIX shell commands to search the file, eg:
	cat <file>|grep ubj|sort > tmpfile (to get sorted list of subject lines)
	vi <file> and use pattern-searching capability (to search for
subjects of interest)
	you can also assign line numbers to <file> to facilitate searching...
3) In my Grass Beginner's Manual I have tried to summarize most of the
discussions on grassu-list. You can get it off moon if you don't already
have it.

P. Martijn van Leusen
Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam   martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl