GRASS with LAN

Martin Ameskamp ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de
Mon Aug 15 15:20:41 EDT 1994

> Hi Everyone,
>
> 	I am trying to setup a local network to run GRASS for GIS training
> course. All the machines that I have are PCs with USL UNIX SVR4.2.
>
> 	Does anyone can give me some idea about what hardware and software
> needed to setup such LAN? Are there any extra compilation to be done on
> GRASS code to produce a LAN version of it?

	GRASS runs just fine over the net, keeping the binaries on an
	NFS server. The fifo's have to be on the local machine, though.
	Also, when digitizing, the v.digit binary should be on the local
	machine because devices can't be accessed over the net
	(that binary might have another name, I forgot the interior details
	of v.digit...).
	Hope I haven't forgotten anything...

	Martin