GRASS with LAN

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Mon Aug 15 15:33:59 EDT 1994

> 	GRASS runs just fine over the net, keeping the binaries on an
> 	NFS server. The fifo's have to be on the local machine, though.
> 	Also, when digitizing, the v.digit binary should be on the local
> 	machine because devices can't be accessed over the net

Actually the binaries can reside on the NFS server; you will however
have to create a seperate entry for each digitizer with the correct
local port for each (in the etc/digcap file).  Each entry in the
digcap file can only be used by one individual at a time therefore
requiring seperate entries for each.

> 	Martin

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS/NCG		"Hell, if you understand everything I say,
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov   you'd be me!"  - Miles Davis