r.tiff

Viitanen Petri v150340 at proffa.cc.tut.fi
Thu Aug 18 10:40:22 EDT 1994

Hi,
I've been using GRASS 4.1 and I'm experiencing troubles with r.tiff
-programs. That is, when I have generated a TIFF-file with
LZW-compression, some of these files are corrupt (I have predefined
regions, and these corrupt files are always on the same regions). For
example, when I'm trying to import such file to CorelDraw 3.0 (Unix version),
I get message 'Unexpected end of file'. FrameMaker doesn't give any messages,
it just crashes. Although, XV 2.2 can read these files without problems. If I
use PackBits-compression, files are OK, but they are some 50% larger. Has
anyone experienced these troubles and is there a update available (r.tiff
I've been using is from update package #4 from ftp.cerl.army.mil).

Petri Viitanen
Tampere City Surveying Dept.

eMail: v150340 at proffa.cc.tut.fi