r.tiff

Mark Gibb gibb at hubers.cecer.army.mil
Fri Aug 19 08:26:06 EDT 1994

*	Yes, it is a solution, but the problem is, using xv I can't do it
*	automatically, so it takes some time and effort to do. What I'm
*	working on are shell scripts, which would update my TIFF-maps every
*	time the GRASS database maps have been modified. There is,
*	however GRASS program tiffcp which reads TIFF files and converts
*	them to other TIFF formats (such as LZW -> PackBits), but if I copy
*	my existing TIFF files with this program into LZW, the problem
*	is still the same. I have considered switching to PackBits-
*	format, but then the files would be circa two times larger and I
*	have to be able to distribute these files on floppy disks.
*
*
*Petri Viitanen
*Tampere City Surveying Dept.
*
*v150340 at proffa.cc.tut.fi

If you have a full release of GRASS, use the PBMPLUS image package to convert
the image.  I have used the Image Alchemy software extensively (Handmade
Software) and have found that this program provides the best results.  Both
programs work well within scripts and output can be piped between programs to
save you some disk space.

Mark Gibb
USACERL