area edges in v.digit

Jocelyn Aycrigg aycrigg at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:30:55 EDT 1994

Hi Kiwon,

I believe the problem you are having is occuring because your nodes are not
fully connected.  Try going into v.digit and re-snapping all your nodes
within your areas or if there are a lot of them, try using v.support and
choose a snapping threshold.  You may have to manually exam each node to
determine which ones are giving you the problem.  But whenever I have gotten
that error in v.digit it is because the nodes are not connected.  You will
know when you have corrected the nodes because then you will be able to
label the area.  And then v.to.rast should work.

I hope this helps!  Good luck!

Jocelyn L. Aycrigg
GIS Program Manager
Natural/Cultural Resources