g.setproj, r.proj, rant about s.surf.**

Simon Cox s.cox at dem.csiro.au
Sun Aug 28 20:33:16 EDT 1994

>Thanks for the tip.  I had in fact thought about using this approach,
>but there are several problems.  Interpolation is fine for continous
>sorts of data, but not categorical data where the numbers are labels
>instead of values.

>>But I think the fact
>>that there is not a fast bilinear or nearest neighbour s.surf.*** program
>>is a serious deficiency in GRASS's armory.

Yeah - for categorical values you definitely need nearest neighbour - I
mentioned this too ...  Maybe s.surf.tps with npmin=1 ???  (Silly, I know,
but might be quicker than the alternatives).

____
Dr Simon Cox                             __  L
CSIRO Exploration & Mining            ,~'  L_|\       Australian
39 Fairway, PO Box 437,            ;-'         \      Geodynamics
Nedlands, WA  6009,  Australia     (            \     Cooperative
      Phone +61 9 389 8421         +    ___     /     Research
      Fax   +61 9 389 1906          L~~'   "\__/      Centre
s.cox at dem.csiro.au                            7