ps.map help

Stuart Bradshaw bradshaw at lewis-deh2.army.mil
Thu Dec 15 19:46:46 EST 1994

I need some help with ps.map. I'm pretty sure I have everything setup
correctly, but the postscript file that is generated will not print (on
HP IV SI or tektronix phaser, both postscript) nor is it viewable in a program
like ghostview.

My ps.devices file contains:
        level: 2
        page width: 8.5
        page height: 11.0
        top margin: 0.5
        bottom margin: 0.5
        left margin: 0.25
        right margin: 0.25
        resolution: 300

I used this command:

ps.map i=ps.rules o=ps.test

and it generated this output to the screen.

PS-PAINT: PostScript painter "hpnature" selected.
PS-PAINT: scale set to 1 : NaN.
PS-PAINT: reading raster file <boundary in PERMANENT> ...
PS-PAINT: PostScript file "ps.test" successfully written.

Maybe the line concerning scale is causing the problem, I certainly don't know
what it means. My ps.rules file is simply:

scale 8.5 inches
raster boundary
end

Stuart Bradshaw, CSC                Phone: 206-967-4985
ATTN: AFZH-DEQ (GIS LAB)            Fax: 206-964-2488
Ft. Lewis, WA  98433-5000
bradshaw at lewis-deh2.army.mil