Where is GEOM package?

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Dec 28 17:33:18 EST 1994

Nancy Taaffe (taaffe at diego.cecer.army.mil) writes on 28 Dec 94:
>>>I heard that there is a package/program called GEOM that replaces or
>updates the s.voronoi program.  I heard it was once on the moon, but
>it is not there now (I just checked incoming).  Does anyone know
>anything about this?
>

>The geom package should be back on incoming by tomorrow morning.
>Look for geom.tar.Z.

will this include bug fixes?

I considered requesting that s.voronoi/s.delaunay
be deleted from the GRASS distribution since
the geom package seemed more complete and it was
written by someone better versed in computational
geometry than myself. However, I noticed that geom
seemed to have the same problems that s.voronoi had:
problems with "random" rays on polygons near the
edges of regions. So, is this a new version?

--Darrell