ps.map postscript

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri Feb 4 15:17:17 EST 1994

> Some time ago there was a discussion about the postscript produced by
> ps.map.  The problem was that the ps.map postscript files could not be
> read in by other programs.  I generated a postscript file with the new
> version of ps.map from grass/incoming, then tried to load it with xv,
> but xv will not recognize it as an image file.  The header in the
> ps.map postscript file does indicate "%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0" which
> suggests it is an encapsulated postscript file.  Was this problem ever
> resolved?
>
> 	Bill Baker
> 	bakerwl at uwyo.edu

Bill,
I'm not an expert on this, but I do not believe that ps.map writes in strictly
encapsulated postscript. In order to view a file you're going to need a real
postscript viewer, such as GhostScript (GhostView?) or Sun's Pageview.

Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159