ps.map postscript

Lars Schylberg larss at fmi.kth.se
Mon Feb 7 02:43:09 EST 1994

> Some time ago there was a discussion about the postscript produced by
> ps.map.  The problem was that the ps.map postscript files could not be
> read in by other programs.  I generated a postscript file with the new
> version of ps.map from grass/incoming, then tried to load it with xv,
> but xv will not recognize it as an image file.  The header in the
> ps.map postscript file does indicate "%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0" which
> suggests it is an encapsulated postscript file.  Was this problem ever
> resolved?
>
> 	Bill Baker
> 	bakerwl at uwyo.edu

I was struggling with this problem last summer, but I never came up with
any good solutions. I was trying to use the ps.map output in my Mac, to
import it into Word.

It would surely be nice if someone had time to look into this problem.
Unfortunaly I don't have that time right now.

Lars

Lars Schylberg                       Email: lasc at celsiustech.se
CelsiusTech Systems AB                  or: larss at fmi.kth.se
S-175 88 Jarfalla                    Tel.   +46 8 580 847 03
Sweden                               Fax.   +46 8 580 872 59