informix sample data

Bonnie Weller weller at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Feb 15 18:59:28 EST 1994

In info.grass.user you write:

>Hello Grass Users,

>Has anyone successfully built the sample database by running the command mk_tiger in the .../spearfish/PERMANENT/Informix  directory?

>I've been getting the following errors and was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction:

>  330: Cannot create database.

>   17: File exists
>Error in line 1
>Near character position 21

>  387: No connect permission.

>  111: ISAM error:  no record found.

>Thanks so much  in advance,

>----

Christine

I had a lot of problems getting mk_tiger to work.  Once I finally figured out
how to load it, I discovered that not all the files exist and that some of
them are corrupt.  I had a lot of trouble with the t.roads.inf file.  It
seems corrupt.  Also blkgrp.ids is missing.  Catagory support file for t.roads
is missing.  So I had no real luck using some of these sample files.  I ended
up creating a bogus database using various map dig_cat files and loading
these into an Informix database.

If you are still having problems with this, send me an e-mail plea. I will give
You some suggestions as to how to try the Informix database out with the
GRASS commands.  I am very new at this and am stilllearning most of it, but
then all the problems are very fresh in my mind.

e-mail

weller at kazak.nmsu.edu

Bonnie