Oracle and GRASS.

Nick Reddingius nredding at BBN.COM
Fri Feb 18 12:22:05 EST 1994

I have a vague recollection that Logiciels et Applications
Scientifiques in Montreal, Canada, have developed an Oracle
to GRASS interface of some sort.  Maybe someone there will see
this and respond to you.

We have done a lot of work with Oracle and GRASS, but unfortunately
it is not a generalized interface such as the Informix interface
from the University of Arkansas' CAST group.

While I confess to not having looked into the internals of that
Informix interface, you might be able to convert it to Oracle
without a whole lot of difficulty.  I suspect most of the changes
are limited to establishing the link between you and the RDBMS.
(Informix DATABASE becomes Oracle's CONNECT etc.)  My understanding
is that the Informix interface is designed to run with the "standard
engine" which has fewer capabilities than Oracle.  Good luck!

Nick