location definition and Xwindow color

DELCLAUX Frank delklo at erato.orstom.fr
Fri Feb 25 13:09:09 EST 1994

Hello,
I'm new GRASS user and I have some problems about following points :
 I work on a Sparc+ with XWindow/Motif under SunOS 4.1.1
 I use xgrass4.1

- when I want to display a raster map with more than 16 categories,...
I always have max. 16 colors on the screen which is a 256 colors screen.
Is there a configuration problem or bad color table ?

- if I create a new location in my database whith the xgrass menu,
I always have UTM zone 1 coordinate system, even if I select xy coordinate.
or UTM zone 3.

Thank in advance for answers

DELCLAUX  Francois