re. v.import

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 17:30:00 EST 1994

Sharryl,

I've not used v.import, but I have recently entered some vector data
(coasts, rivers and the like) for our region into GRASS using v.in.ascii,
which I believe v.import runs for ascii data.

The header details in the programmers guide aren't quite the same as a
test output from the spearfish set - the MAP SCALE line was in the wrong
place.

Also check that each of the coordinate pair lines commences with a space
character - that threw me for a while. All that v.in.ascii reported was
'??' plus the coordinate pair.

Hope this meager advice helps,

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West