please help

wadada AGYEI at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca
Sat Feb 26 14:05:29 EST 1994

Hello comerades

Although this is more or less a technical problem, I guess those
running GRASS on Linux platform might have come across such problem
in one way or the other. Since yesterday my mouse has remained
inactive anytime I try to use the facilities of XWindows. In view of
this problem I am unable to run graphics program in Grass.

Upon invoking Xwindows in Linux I get the message 'cannot open mouse
device'. I am using a microsoft compactible mouse located at Com1.
Thus my configuration in Xconfig is "Microsoft   /dev/ttS0". This has
been a very good companion ever since I stated working with Linux. It
all started when for some reason I had to reinstall my Linux/Grass.
I had no problems at all with the above configuration during
my first installation of GRASS/Linux. Despite this error message I
always see the mouse active at the root console. Everything works
fine with the mouse in DOS too. So I can just figure out the source
of this problem. With "Microsoft  /dev/ttS1 ",i.e for COM2, I am able
to get into Xwindows alright the my mouse remain inactive. Well maybe
some of you might have encountered this problem along the line. Any
help will be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

wadada        e-mail: agyei at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca