Importing DXF files

kaleta at quercus.ecn.uoknor.edu kaleta at quercus.ecn.uoknor.edu
Mon Feb 28 17:45:12 EST 1994

I am trying to import some dxf files into grass. I am successful in
getting a vector map. However, no attributes or map categories are
attached to the vectors. When doing v.support, it says that the
highest category is 0. When I try to do v.to.rast, I get no raster
grid cells. In fact, r.report says there are no categories.

The DXF file has 15 layers of different themes. Each layer becomes
a new vector map which can be displayed. However, the problem is
as described above, NO CATEGORIES....

Am I missing something????

Thanks
Piotr Kaleta