GRASS GIS compatibility with IslandWrite

Daryl Ehrmantraut daryl at osiris.com
Tue Jan 4 18:08:57 EST 1994

Greg writes,

>Anyone out there use IslandWrite?  I notice that if I have a GRASS graphical
>display operating, and then begin an IslandWrite process, the colors of the
>IslandWrite interface are corrupted.  But interestingly enough, when the
>cursor is outside of IslandWrite windows, the color reverses to the correct
>appearance.  I haven't seen any other utility behave this way.

>Any ideas why?  and any fixes?

>greg

We use IslandWrite/Paint/Draw extensively with Grass. The color flipping
is due to the applications competing for the color table.

IslandWrite provides you with a mechanism for "locking" the color table
to IslandWrite; simply put the cursor in the Write window and hit the
L4 (or L2) key.

Daryl
Osiris Systems Corporation