Installation of grass4.1 binary version for SPARC,problem

Chris W Skelly gewcs at jcu.edu.au
Tue Jan 4 16:11:01 EST 1994

Terje,

Hopefully my research assisstant will see this and respond, but I
don't know if he is around this week. Anyhow, the problem as we have
be able to suss out is that Xgrass really isn't `X` dependent but
Motif dependent --- it should be Mgrass!!! The source of the errors
are that Xgrass is looking for mwm (I am guessing, motif window
manager?) and thus it can't find the key mappings or some such that
it wants...so it runs but displays piles of annoying error messages.

The new version of Solaris that SUN is now shipping has Motif included
in it. It is also _supposed_ to be backward compatible, ie it should
run GRASS without recompiling...ho ho ho, we shall see.

a cynic in the tropics,

chris skelly

p.s. don't get me wrong Xgrass or Mgrass its a great improvement!