new program available (Re: bilinear/cubic convolution)

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jan 6 02:27:21 EST 1994

Darrell McCauley (mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu) writes on 3 Jan 94:
>Hello all. I would like to use bilinear interpolation or cubic
>convolution interpolation to do some cross validation when
>interpolating site data to raster format. My site data are scattered

>My question is: is this capability already available in GRASS?

s.sample, which samples raster maps at site locations using either
nearest neighbor sampling, bilinear interpolation, or cubic
convolution interpolation, is available by anonymous ftp from:

   pasture.ecn.purdue.edu:pub/mccauley/grass/s.sample.tar.gz

Output is a sites list with values of the raster map.  Optionally, the
program will take the difference between values in the input-site-file
and the raster map.

Included are a man page, a tutorial on the methods, and some sample
data with a g.gnuplot input file to convince you that it works.

This has not been tested extensively. I welcome feedback.

--Darrell
James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
** will finish PhD/engr in 9/94 - need job. inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) **

P.S. should r.resample employ some of these techniques?