X-windows/Linux

wadada AGYEI at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca
Thu Jan 6 13:54:43 EST 1994

Hello everyone,

This problem looks rather strange to me. I have successfully
installed and configured X-windows in Linux. However, anytime I
invoke "startx", I get six fine blue screens with a window at the
left top corner of each. Everything works fine except that when I
invoke any operation, I get similar response in the
other five screens. For example, if I display a raster map,
calculator etc.. I get a similar display in the other five screens. I
don't know if that is the way the windows on Linux works but I
strongly suspect something is going wrong. My only problem now is how
to get rid of the other five screens; otherwise everything seems to
be working fine. Any help on this will be much appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

eugene
            e-mail: agyei at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca