Installation of GRASS4.1-Help needed!

Darka Mioc dmioc at srce.hr
Fri Jan 7 06:19:06 EST 1994

Hello Grass Programers/Users,

Has anyone managed to compile and install GRASS4.1 on IBM/ESA under AIX.
Last year our University Computing Centre (Zagreb, Croatia) was granted from
IBM with IBM/ESA as a part of their Academic Initiative for Eastern Europe
and currently, we are trying to install GRASS4.1 on it.

At the very begining we have several problems.
The installation guide and all other manuals are in postscript format.
Unfortunately, we don't have postscript printers or drivers here, only
HP III, so we can't print out this. Is  there any possibility for conversion to
some other formats?

During the compilation and instalation of GRASS on IBM, the system reports so
many warnings and errors, and my colleague made so many interventions in code,
that at the end of installation we can't start GRASS at all.
It must be some easier and better ways.

Any help, information or suggestion is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Darka

Ms Darka Mioc
University Computing Centre