site operations

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jan 13 02:44:10 EST 1994

Simon Cox (simon at artemis.earth.monash.edu.au) writes on 6 Jan 94:
>Philip Verhagen wrote:
>>. By the way, to my knowledge the concept of
>> 'attribute of a site_list' is not very clear in GRASS. Some programs (like
>> s.surf.tps) assume that you have a 'real' attribute when its preceded by a
>> #, and otherwise it's considered a comment.
>
>I agree that this is not clear, and not clearly documented either!

In the case of s.surf.tps, there's no apparent reason why the '#' is
needed. Other programs like s.menu (the conversion) and s.voronoi
use the silly '#' (to some extent).

I've hacked on the man page sites.format to clear things up a little.
If others want to whack at it, get it from
pasture.ecn.purdue.edu:pub/mccauley/grass/sites.format,
make whatever additions/deletions you see fit, and send
it to olga or someone (grassbug at zorro).

--Darrell