d.display (Grass/Linux)

wadada AGYEI at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca
Fri Jan 7 16:16:41 EST 1994

To those running Grass on Linux; has anyone attempted displaying any
of these vector maps(contour.dem, roads, stream.***) that comes with
the program?. I have successfully displayed the raster maps alright
but my attempt to display any of the above vector maps has not been
successful. After being asked to select any of the colors, I get some
coordinates on the screen with the message "plotting..", followed by
the comment "use the mouse to click.. On checking the graphics
monitor, I found no map displayed. Well I gather there is something
hidden that I am not doing correctly. Please any help on this will be
much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

eugene

            e-mail: agyei at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca