convert sites to raster

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Mon Jan 10 10:32:43 EST 1994

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a way to convert a sites file to a raster, but
> I'd like each output raster to take on the value of the site
> that falls within it's (the raster's) boundaries.
>
> Is this capability currently available?
>
> The only sites to raster options I'm familiar with are in s.menu and
> either produce a binary raster or assign the raster value based on how
> many sites lie within it.

s.menu *will* do what you want if you choose the 0/1 option *and* you precede
each attribute in the sites list with a pound sign (#):

	594431.10|4917850.25|#60

This is documented in the man pages, though it isn't particularly clear from
the program itself.

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159