v.digit and workstations

David McKivergan dam at sherlock.dac.uga.edu
Wed Jan 12 06:55:51 EST 1994

I'm just getting GRASS running and still need lots of help.  Here's my
problem:

I've got GRASS compiled and running on a SPARC 10 (SUN/OS 4.1.3) and am able
to use X windows to begin a session on a SUN IPX workstation (that works
pretty well).  The problem is digitizer input.  v.digit works when the
Calcomp 9500 is plugged into a serial port on the SPARC 10 but not when I
plug it into the serial port on the IPX.  Is there a way to digitize into
GRASS from a workstation or does the digitizer have to be plugged into the
host?  I figure there must be a way to link or connect the ttys of both
machines.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave McKivergan, Department of Anthropology, Baldwin Hall,
University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602
(706) 542-3922, Internet:  dam at sherlock.dac.uga.edu