digitizing

Glenn C. Kroeger gkroeger at physics.trinity.edu
Wed Jan 12 23:06:14 EST 1994

>Hi Glenn,
>        So what did your Calcomp cost?
>                gordie

Honestly, I don't remember but I could look it up.  However with model
changes and price changes in the intervening years, that price may be
meaningless today. The attractive thing at the time was, I believe, about a
40% discount which
made the Calcomp equal to or less expensive than Summagraphics and others.
At the time, my conversations with GIS software shops and CAD/CAM users
indicated that Calcomp hardware was well built, and our 9100 has had no
problems.

Glenn C. Kroeger, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Geology
Director of Environmental Studies
Trinity University, 715 Stadium Dr., San Antonio, TX 78212
(210) 736-7607
gkroeger at geology.trinity.edu