s.voronoi fixed (?)

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jan 13 00:20:38 EST 1994

I happy (and extremely relieved) to announce that s.voronoi seems to
be working now. Thank you for your patience (esp to Bill Hargrove,
Jacinda M. Barbehenn, Martin Ameskamp, and all the others who really
needed this a long time ago).

I've put it in the usual place:
   pasture.ecn.purdue.edu:pub/mccauley/grass/s.voronoi.tar.gz
But since this was contained in 4.1 (contrib), I've also left it at
   moon.cecer.army.mil:grass/incomping/s.voronoi.cpio.Z

To extract the archive from moon,
   cd src.contrib/PURDUE
   rm -rf s.voronoi
   zcat s.voronoi.cpio.Z | /bin/cpio -icdu
   cd s.voronoi
   gmake4.1
   (and then follow the instructions)

--Darrell

P.S. Let me know if the cpio file is not correct. cpio is not
  "my thing" and we have a couple of different versions on our
  system at Purdue. (I think that I used the correct one.)

Bill Hargrove (hnw at mtqgrass.ESD.ORNL.GOV) writes on 20 Dec 93:
>Martin Ameskamp (ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de) writes on 16 Dec 93:
>>>	GRASS has a routine for doing this that is called s.voronoi
>>>	(from src.contrib/PURDUE/s.voronoi). It seems to have a couple of
>>>	problems, though.
>
>>yes, the problem at the edges is on the "to-do" list. Maybe after final
>>exams...
>
>>--Darrell
>
>     I'm really glad to see that superhumans like Darrell can get behind
>like the rest of us normal folks! ;-)

Bill, you're too kind.

James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
** will finish PhD/engr in 9/94 - need job. inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) **