Digitizing on a workstation

David McKivergan dam at sherlock.dac.uga.edu
Thu Jan 13 12:06:18 EST 1994

Thanks to Mike, Ken, and Malcolm - we've got v.digit running from a
workstation.  What we did was what Malcolm suggested:  run GRASS on an IPX
using the binaries on the Sparc10.  (We mounted the Sparc10 grass directory
of the IPX).  One recommendation is that users and user id #s must be the
same on both machines.  We had grass (userid 20) as the owner of the GRASS
files on the SPARC10 but another user had userid 20 on the IPX.  When we
mounted GRASS the other user assumed ownership and nobody could run the
program.  Got it straight now however.  Thanks.

Dave McKivergan, Department of Anthropology, Baldwin Hall,
University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602
(706) 542-3922, Internet:  dam at sherlock.dac.uga.edu