No subject

News Account news at yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU
Thu Jan 13 16:39:51 EST 1994

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: ront at picea.CFNR.ColoState.EDU (Ronald Thomas)
Subject: Re: Hardcopy HP DesignJet 650C Questions
Sender: news at yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU (News Account)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 21:39:50 GMT

The 650C can plot its own raster language, (HP Raster Transfer Language)
and finding a software package that converts to it (from sunrast, gif, ps,
however you save images now) might be cheaper than the
$1125.00 upgrade the plotter requires to plot postscript.

One of our Divisions is looking into a 650C, but I have not been able to
find a conversion package yet.  If HP call me back, I'll post what I find out.

Ronald Thomas                                ront at meeker.cfnr.colostate.edu
 Natural Resource Spec. (GIS)         ^^^    Phone: 303-586-3565  x285
  Resources Management Division  ^^  ^^^^^   FAX: 303-586-4702
   Rocky Mountain National Park ^^^ ^^^^^^^  Estes Park, CO  80517

----- End Included Message -----

We have been using the Image Alchemy software for our Sun platform to do
the necessary conversions.  We have been using the Encad NovajetII, not the
HP650C.

Mark Gibb				gibb at vinny.cecer.army.mil
GRASS/GIS Training Coordinator		1-217-373-4420 ext. 310
Spatial Technologies Support Team
Technical Assistance Center
USACERL, Champaign, IL