Grass on Solaris 2.3

ye qi qi at cdrgsun.UCSD.EDU
Tue Jan 18 02:06:37 EST 1994

Excuse me if this is a repeating mail to my previous, I have found my mail system was not working
properly.

Several weeks ago, I ftped the compiled grass4.1 for Solaris 2.x from /grass/incoming.  It had been
working very well until I replaced Solaris 2.2 with 2.3.  Now I cannot start the graphics monitor.
I got the following message while running d.mon:

ld.so.1: x0: fatal: libX11.so.4: can't open file: errno=2
Killed
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!

I also tried the programs in /grass/grass4.1/release/binary/sun4.  It allowed me to run d.mon, however
I got error message: 'eof, graphics monitor error' while running d.display.

Could anyone give me an idea why this is happenning and how I can fix it.

Thank you very much.

Ye Qi

qi at cdrgsun.ucsd.edu