GRASS on PC-DOS

mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
Wed Jan 19 11:40:06 EST 1994

My comment was suppose to read "Believe it or not there are people in
the world who do NOT want to deal with Unix". Many people do not want
to hassle with the complexities of Unix or do not have the desire to
spend the $$$ required to run a Unix machine (although software like
Linux have greatly reduced the cost)

>rather arrogant comment included above would seem >inappropriate.
Excuse me if my comment seemed arrogant. I did not mean any harm, and
I definitely don't want to start any DOS vs. Unix religous wars. I am
all for a DOS port - there are LOTS!!! of people out there who will
applaud you efforts (myself included). I hope you keep the group
appraised of your progress and I for one would enjoy hearing about
your work in getting around the client/server display problems.

Will the executable be made available for ftp or is the port going to
be a proprietary product?

Good luck and keep us informed. Again I am sorry if my comment was
misunderstood as being arrogant ( I may be loud and obnoxious at times
but I definitely don't want to be arrogant!:)

Pat McClanahan		Internet:mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
EROS Data Center 		 mcclanah at edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov
Sioux Falls, SD
605-361-4607