No subject

Susan Huse sue at ced.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 21 13:29:40 EST 1994

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Fri Jan 21 09:47:31 1994
> From: Subbarao Vedula <Subbarao.Vedula at eng.auburn.edu>
> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 11:33:59 -0600
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to place buffer zones around streams. But the r.buffer programs is  asking the maximum distance for each zone desired. But I would like to place    buffer zones at a MINIMUM distance of 200 feet from streams.
> Any idea how to do that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Subbarao Vedula

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want.  But here's a stab.
Create the 0-200 buffer in r.buffer.  Then you will get 3 categories
in the output file:  the category buffered from, the 0-200 buffer and
all areas greater than 200 ft.  That third category is areas with a
minimum distance of 200 ft.  If you did more buffers you could have
areas with minimum 200 ft, but not more than 400 ft, and minimum 400 ft, etc.

Sue Huse
CEDR - REGIS
University of California, Berkeley