Can grass work on pc's?

Jim S Mochel jmochel at world.std.com
Fri Jan 21 15:25:25 EST 1994

In article <9401182159.AA14186 at tate.com> you wrote:

: GRASS will run on pc type machines under various flavors of
: UNIX.  I have not heard of a version for pc's running MSDOS.  Because of this
: I am working on converting GRASS to MSDOS.  It won't be ready for a while and
: will probably be released in a MFU (Most Frequently Used) sequence of
: modules.  d.display and it's attendant programs will probably be ready in a
: couple of weeks.  v.digit and LTPlus are next on the list.  Others will follow.

: Doug Dotson, President
: Speleotechnologies
: P.O. Box 504
: Owings Mills, Maryland 21117-0504
: (410) 356-9076
: dotson at clark.net

Hi Doug,
    If I may ask what environment are you using for the port ?
I am very interested in GRASS and I would need a MSDOS or OS2 or WIndows
NT port.
    I may be able to help in the port if we use similiar tools..

Jim Mochel
jmochel at world.std.com