site basics

KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU
Fri Jan 21 12:45:50 EST 1994

Hello Andrea,

I have been doing similar work with GRASS.  My data was taken
from a coastline in the form of x,y and z.  The data was
imported using s.in.asci and to make the map I used
s.surf.tps.  I found that it gave me a better approximation
of the coast.

When you look at the map you produced did it look like blocks
and not a smooth line?  If so, I had the same problem and
used a inhouse program to convert to a uniform grid.  This
seemed to solve the problem.  s.surf.tps will then make
a nice raster map for you.

If anyone has a better solution for irregular spaced data,
it would be welcomed.

Hope this helped.

Kym M. Lenkus
Davidson Laboratory