let's standardize sites

Raymond Venneker venn at geo.vu.nl
Mon Jan 24 05:41:14 EST 1994

On Mon Jan 24 Darrell McCauley <mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

> Are there compelling reasons for keeping elevation separate?
>
> Does anyone have a problem with the
> easting|northing|elevation|#category attribute_label
> format? It sounds okay to me.
>
> --Darrell

Apart from the useful 3rd locational dimension I could do with time as
well. (Major part of my site data are time series.):

	E|N|Z|time|#cat "attribute label" ??????

I realize this makes things more complicated but what exactly is your
aim Darrell? Getting things to work with minimum modification of GISLIB
site functions or redefining these functions?

How did the bars `|' get in the current site format?

Raymond