Projection problem

Jim Nolan jim%sar_ws at sun14.fb4.noaa.gov
Thu Jan 27 07:20:55 EST 1994

Grasshoppers,

I am having a problem registering a map of the Great
Lakes.  Originally, I was digitizing in maps that were
in a lambert conformal projection.  I had no problem with
this map and in fact the registration was quite accurate.
Now we have switched to a mercator projection and this is
just giving me all kinds of problems.  When I register the
map, my registration is not even close.  Do I need to create
a new location for this new map?  Is there any other way to
handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X                                                              X
X   Jim Nolan            	Phone (301) 763-7439           X
X   National Ice Center    	Fax (301) 763-4621             X
X   4251 Suitland Rd.    	EMail jim at sar_ws.fb4.noaa.gov  X
X   FB#4, Rm. 2301                                             X
X   Washington, DC 20395                                       X