LtPlus map registration

Mark Gregory mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Fri Jan 28 12:04:12 EST 1994

LtPlus users-

We have been using LtPlus on a SUN platform for some time to clean up scanned
maps, convert to vectors, and export in dxf format.  While the dem export
function of the version we run does not work properly, most of the functions
and capabilities work quite nicely.  So far, all of these maps we have utilized
have been 7.5 minute USGS quad sheets which we have registered by indicating
the locations of the corners of the maps and then 'telling' LtPlus that this
map represents an area of 7.5 minutes.  Now we have the need to scan aerial
photographs and line maps drawn from interpretation of aerial photographs.  Our
problem is that we do not know how to register this type image within LtPlus, as
our registration points for the images and/or maps are not the corners of a
square, outside boundary of our maps (but are instead road intersections within
the interior of the map).

Any in-sight into whether or not this type of map registration is possible and
how it might be accomplished within LtPlus would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Gregory                               mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Oklahoma State University                  (405) 744-6417
Stillwater, OK  74078                      (405) 744-5269 (fax)