UTM coordinates in xgdisplay

J. Douglas Dunlop dunlop at ists.ists.ca
Mon Jan 31 15:08:42 EST 1994

GRASS users:

I did an image rectification of a scanned map and everything went well. I
then wanted to check the coordinates using xgdisplay's query raster
function. To my surprise the coordinates were significantly in error in
both Northing and Easting. I decided to double check this using d.rast and
d.where and I found that the coordinates were very accurate when queried
this way.

This means that my xgdisplay doesn't agree with d.where and I believe the
problem is with xgdisplay (I hope it's with xgdisplay). I should note that
I am running GRASS on an HP 720 with HPUX 9.01 which is not an officially
supported GRASS. This may only be a problem with *my* xgdisplay binary.

I am interested to know if others have experienced this problem, either on
HPs or other platforms. I am using GRASS 4.1 with the 3 updates.

Regards,

Doug
________
                       Earth Observations Lab
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/   Institute for Space and Terrestrial Sciences
   _/     _/  _/ _/    4850 Keele St.,2nd Floor
  _/_/   _/  _/ _/     North York, Ontario
 _/     _/  _/ _/      Canada,M3J-3K1           dunlop at ists.ists.ca
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/   W:416-665-5411 H:705-445-9320 F:416-665-2032
                       http://www.eol.ists.ca/users/dunlop/dunlop.html