ps.map application questions

karen Bryant x6541 kbryant at ncrds.er.usgs.gov
Fri Jul 8 17:39:59 EDT 1994

Hello,

I am attempting to compose a map that contains a raster, a vector
which is the boundary of the raster, a legend (colortable), a grid,
a title (header file?), and some comments on scale, projection,
grid, and cell resolution (comments file?).  However, the resulting
map is a smaller scale than I am intending and the title, colortable,
vector, comments, grid, and header will not display on the map when
I view it in Ghostview or when I plot it on a Versatec plotter using
Zeh software.  The following files are the Versatec device driver
file, the ps.map instruction file, the comments file, and the header
file:

Versatec device driver file:
level: 2
page width: 34
page height: 68
top margin: 1
bottom margin: 1
left margin: 1
right margin: 1
resolution: 400

ps.map instruction file:
verbose 2
scale 1:24000
maploc 4.875 6.625
raster dtidw_dstrb_rt
 setcolor 0 white
 setcolor 1 cyan
 setcolor 2 magenta
 end
colortable y
 where 15 30.375
 font romant
 fontsize 14
 color black
 end
vector quad_border_vect
 where 4.4.4.4.875 6.625
 color black
 width 2
 masked n
 end
comments test1ps.com
 where 5.875 30.375
 font romant
 fontsize 14
 color black
 end
grid
 where 4.875.6.625
 color black
 numbers 2
 font romant
 fontsize 11
 end
header
 where 2 2
 file test1ps.hd
 font romant
 fontsize 18
 color black
 end
end

Comments file:
Scale = 1:24000

Clark 1866 Projection

Universal Transverse Mercator grid, zone 17

Cell resolution = 30 meters x 30 meters

Header file:
      SURFACE AND DEEP MINABLE HADDIX D COAL

HOSKINSTON 7.5-MINUTE QUADRANGLE, EASTERN KENTUCKY

If anyone can see why the scale is different from what I intended
or why the other features of the map do not become incorporated
in the postscript file, I would love to here about it.

Thanks!

Karen Bryant