m.dem.extract

sktangel at quercus.ecn.uoknor.edu sktangel at quercus.ecn.uoknor.edu
Thu Jul 21 13:46:32 EDT 1994

Hello Mr. Krueger,
        I read your question on users_list today. I was faced with the same prob
lem some time back. "m.dem.extract" works only for 1:24000 scale DEMs. For the 1
degree chunks we get from the ftp site you have to use m.dmaUSGSread command. th
e procedure is to read the DEM in using the fore mentioned program and then rota
te the product using m.rot90. Then the resulting data can be imported into GRASS
 by "r.in.ll". Try and read the manual for "m.dmaUSGSread" program. It explains
in detail the syntax and also the use of "dd" with this command. Hope this works. All the best!
Bye,

Sree.