v.in.ascii

Steve Dzurenko steve at ocesun1.oce.uri.EDU
Tue Jul 26 10:02:46 EDT 1994

Hello,

	I am presently trying to convert lat-lon coordinates into vector maps.
I have successfully converted the data into UTM form with the m.ll2u command
and then put it into grass ascii format using an awk program.  I then use the
v.in.ascii command and a vector map is created.  This is where I run into
trouble.  When I use the d.vect command the map does not display.  I tried
other maps that had been create other ways and they work so I don't know what is
wrong.  The map that I created is within the region so it should display.  If
there is anything that I didn't do or set please respond.

Thanks,

Dan Reilly
Ocean Engineering
University of Rhode Island