Calcomp plotter

Arlin B Collins arlin at tiaer.tarleton.edu
Wed Jun 1 11:31:55 EDT 1994

In article <199405312019.PAA14485 at max.cecer.army.mil> you wrote:
: Does anyone know where I can find a driver to send output to a Calcomp
: 1044 plotter?  I have looked in Grass 4.1 and it doesn't appear that there
: are any drivers for Calcomp machines included in Grass.

: If there aren't any drivers available, can anyone suggest another solution?
: For example, are there any software packages available via ftp that may allow
: me to send output to an HP Laserjet.  I remember hearing something about a
: program called Newsprint.
:                                          Thanks in advance,
:                                          Gary Casabona
:                                          Virginia Tech
:                                          Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife
:                                          casabona at vtvm1.cc.vt.edu
:                                          (703) 231-5910

I am undergoing similiar  'driver' troubles with another
model  (  Encad NovaJet,  "E" inkjet)  anyway...
I believe you will find that   NewsPrint is  Sun's proprietary
"postscript" stuff  you're  Sun-sales person should know
how to provide it...  and provide info as to its applicability.
good luck,
   Arlin

--
  Arlin B Collins             Info Sys Mgr - TIAER
  arlin at tiaer.tarleton.edu    Box T-258, 201 St. Felix