grass environment

Margo Herdendorf meh at zoosun1.UWyo.Edu
Wed Jun 1 14:12:01 EDT 1994

Dear Grass users:

I am trying to set up a grass users group on our workstation so that
multiple users can access GRASS. I have the permissions set for the grass
data directory so that the group "grass" has read,write,exe access.
However, when a user who is part of this group starts up grass and
specifies the mapset/location, this message shows up:

Sorry, no access to <<maps>>.

Mapsets in location <wachob>
----------------------
   PERMANENT              maps

note: you do not have access to any of these mapsets
----------------------

If anyone has some idea what is going on here, info would be appreciated!

The setup in the user's .cshrc is this:

setenv GISBASE /tools/grass/grass4.0/sun4
alias grass4 \$GISBASE/etc/GIS.sh

and the .grassrc is this:

        LOCATION: wachob
MAPSET: maps