No subject

News Account news at yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU
Fri Jun 3 11:33:07 EDT 1994

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: ront at picea.CFNR.ColoState.EDU (Ronald Thomas)
Subject: Re: GRASS and ARC....
Sender: news at yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU (News Account)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 15:33:07 GMT

In article <199406031359.IAA18219 at spock.uark.edu> grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil writes:
>I just had to put my two "sense" worth into this thread:
>>
>> I would suppose (my guess, not first-hand knowledge, by any means) that
>> the DATABASE integration sold ARC to the USFS, (unless they got a good price,
>
>-----
>   There is a very solid DATABASE linkage in GRASS with the db tools.
>   DB tools works with Informix, Oracle and Ingress at last count and
>--
>W. Fredrick Limp

True, these tools exist, but were developed AFTER the local USFS offices
decided on ARC.  And I still have not seen a definitive, in-depth, objective
review of any of the db tools, other than their developers' commenting on how
good they are.  Please inform us if there is one that has been overlooked.

Ronald Thomas                                ront at meeker.cfnr.colostate.edu
 Natural Resource Spec. (GIS)         ^^^    Phone: 303-586-1285
  Resources Management Division  ^^  ^^^^^   FAX: 303-586-1310
   Rocky Mountain National Park ^^^ ^^^^^^^  Estes Park, CO  80517